Programme of Events
Friday 6th August
1. Kendal Circuit - Booking Closed
Our town's green and historic places. An easy walk of about 6 miles.
2. Orrest Head and Holehird Gardens - Booking Closed
An easy walk of about 5 miles with 600 ft of ascent.
3. Benson Knott - Booking Closed
A moderate walk of 8.5 miles and 1000 ft of ascent.
4. Arnside Knott - Booking Closed
A moderate walk of 6 miles taking the coastal path from the village of Arnside to an ascent of Arnside Knott.
5. Kendal Yards and History - Booking Closed
An easy 2 hour stroll around Kendal.
Saturday 7th August
6. Historical Walk around Kendal - Booking Closed
An easy 2 hour walk based on the "Walking Trails" leaflet
7. Circular walk to hills and places of interest around Kendal - Booking Closed
A strenuous walk visiting some of the hills and scars around Kendal.
8. Burneside, Gurnal Dubbs and Staveley - Booking Closed
A moderate walk of 6 miles including an hour at Gurnal Dubs for a circular walk round the tarn and a picnic.
9. The Hills East of Staveley - Booking Closed
A moderate walk on field paths and minor roads exploring the hilly countryside to the east of Staveley.
Sunday 8th August
10. Helsington and Sizergh Castle - Booking Closed
An easy / moderate walk of about 4 hours along the River Kent to Helsington Church and Sizergh Castle.
11. Whitbarrow Scar - Booking Closed
A moderate ridge walk of 5 miles with views over the Lakeland Fells, the Howgills, Ingleborough and Morecambe Bay.
12. A Walk around the Scars - Booking Closed
A strenuous walk enjoying stunning views of the Lakeland Fells.
12A. Cumbria Walking For Health are running a festival weekend walk which can be booked through Cumbria Walking For Health. See the walk description page for contact details.
Monday 9th August
13. The Helm - Booking Closed
A easy 2 mile walk. The Helm provides a superb, easily accessible 360 degree panorama of the South Lakes and Kendal.
14. Sallows, Sour Howes and Orrest Head - Booking Closed
A moderate / severe walk of about 5 hours from Windermere to visit two Wainwrights.
Easy - Walks with no steep ascents or descents and few stiles, taken at a leisurely pace.
Moderate - Terrain not too hilly and with only short and / or gentle ascents, through the countryside, and requiring some physical fitness.
Strenuous - Will involve long and / or steep ascents in a mountain / moorland setting, requiring a good level of fitness and some experience of hill walking.